Monday, March 23, 2015

Camp cameo - day 2

MORNING
I hop in the boat with my best buddy Hannah. It was her first time in a sail boat but I have a catamaran at my beach house in Kinloch\Taupo that I go out on with my dad. But of course a sail boat is little bit smaller and I only do the rope work. 
This time I am doing the steering but there is no wind so we are not moving so I use the steering paddle to move back and forward back and forward. It goes making us move along slowly. We get to the red buoy, then I steer us around it and back. 
When we finally get back to the jetty I have a go on a SUP board. It took me a little while to be able to stand up but I got the hang of it.

AFTERNOON
I hop in a sail boat with another friend, Jayda.
There is much more wind out there compared to this morning
"We're going too fast!"
"It's going to tip ... Aaahhhh"
"Calm down. It's ok. Just let go of the rope then the boat will stop."
Once I got control again I tightened the rope and sail back to shore





3 comments:

  1. nikki
    you put in description which was good, and it feelt like i was in the was in the sail boat. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. nikki
    you put in description which was good, and it feelt like i was in the was in the sail boat. :)

    ReplyDelete