Wednesday, April 16, 2014

Capital E

While on camp we went to Capital E, a technology studio with 2 different studios. One studio for Music making and lots of other things and one for TV productions. Our whanau group was involved in learning about producing programmes such as News items for the TV.
My role was as an Interviewer. Hannah and Zahn were the Anchors in the studio. They explained the news item then crossed to me for further information from my interviewees. We discussed Apiti School’s learning goals and how we use them everyday.
Huntah explained how Apiti children learn and the Bon Apiti programme. James explained how Apiti is a Green/Gold Enviroschool and what that means in our community. Chloe told us how they plan their productions.
Then it went back to Hannah and Zahn. Following their article I interviewed all the whanau groups and asked them about what they do at the school. First the Community Creators, then Hydro Rangers, Expert Plantagators, Supa Small Blacks and finally Waste Busters.
After that it went back to Hannah and Zahn and before I knew it was my turn to interview Tyler and Dylan. Tyler told me about the Apiti Show and what happens there. Then Dylan told me about the Apiti School lamb and calf day. Finally when Dylan had finished it went back to Hannah and Zahn to wrap it up.
Anneke and Lacey came on with the ‘Apiti where’s that’ session ... then the school song.
It all went smoothly. There were a couple of muck ups but that is live TV producing!.  

By Brooke

No comments:

Post a Comment